Minutes of meetings
The minutes of the various meetings can be downloaded from a password protected page. All Members of this Action have received the password. If you would like to receive the password again, please send us an e-mail.
Working Group meetings
The minutes from the following Working Group meetings are online available:
- Berlin – 2014 – March 25 and 26 – WG1, WG2, WG3, WG4, WG5
- Brussels – 2014 – September 29 and 30 – WG1, WG2, WG3, WG4, WG5
- Denkendorf – 2015 – March 24 and 25 – WG1, WG2, WG4, WG5
- Torino – 2015 – May 15 – only WG3
- Amsterdam – 2015 – August 16 and 19 – only WG1c and brainstorm for WG1a – no reimbursement
- Guimaraes – 2015 – September 08 and 09 – WG1, WG2, WG3, WG4, WG5
- Nantes – 2015 – September 29 – October 1 – Training School
- Milano – 2016 – March 16th and 17th – WG1, WG2, WG3, WG4, WG5
- Newcastle – 2016 – October 26th to 28th – Open access of online proceeding
- Eindhoven – 2017 – March 08 – WG1, WG2, WG4, WG5
- Brussels – 2017 – October 17 – WG1, WG2, WG3, WG4, WG5
Management Committee meetings
The minutes from the following Management Committee (MC) meetings are online available. Note that these minutes are only available for MC members and need to be consulted with another password.
- Brussels – 2013 – November 5th (Kick-Off Meeting)
- Paris – 2014 – January 29th
- Berlin – 2014 – March 25th
- Brussels – 2014 – September 29th
- Denkendorf – 2015 – March 24th
- Guimaraes – 2015 – September 08th
- Milano – 2016 – March 16th
- Newcastle – 2016 – October 27th
- Eindhoven – 2017 – March 08th
- Brussels – 2017 – October 17th
Short-term Scientific Missions reports
The reports of the Shot-term Scientific Missions can be found here.
You can download here working documents related to an activity of a Working Group:
- Round Robin Exercise 3 aims at collating wind tunnel and CFD data for the basic shapes of tensioned surface structures.
A ‘standardised results data form’ is specified to be able to present, compare and interpolate the results.
– For details about Round Robin Exercise 3 click here.
– For some filled out input forms click here.
– For the empty input forms click here.
- Working Group 5 launches a Round Robin Exercise ‘wind pressure coefficients on doubly curved shapes’.
The aim is to extend the current Eurocode with a section on the design of membrane structures, especially in the field of wind loading on some ‘typical’ membrane shapes.
For any further question or to participate please contact Jimmy.Colliers@vub.ac.be or Marijke.Mollaert@vub.ac.be. The draft of the descriptive document can be downloaded here.
Other COST output
You can download here documents related to this COST-Action:
- Article on the COST Action ‘Novel Structural Skins’ in Impact, Volume 2017, Number 5, June 2017, pp. 46-48(3). Click here for a pdf and here for a link to IngentaConnect.
- Science and Policy Report (SaP-Report): CEN TC250 decided in its meeting of the 20th of November 2015 that the Science and Policy Report (SaP-Report) ‘Prospect for European guidance for the Structural Design of Tensile Membrane Structures’ will be published by JRC (Joint Research Centre).
This version will be made available to the European Standardisation Bodies for evaluation as ‘basis’ for the Technical Specifications. Comments can be given during 6 months. After this period of 6 months CEN TC250 will decide if – taking the comments into account – the elaboration of the Technical Specifications can start or not (decision expected by November 2016). You can download the SaP-report here.
- State-of-the-Art in Wind Loading on Tensile Surface Structures: Literature Review by Jimmy Colliers, member of Working Group 5.
This document discusses the state-of-the-art in wind loading on tensile surface structures, with focus on the pressure coefficient (Cp-)distributions for basic membrane shapes. This version is made available for evaluation and feedback. Comments can be given during 6 months. You can download the Literature Review here.
- Three papers, resulting from an interdisciplinary collaboration in the framework of this COST Action:
- The Tower:Modelling, Analysis and Construction of Bending Active Tensile Membrane Hybrid Structures by Holden Deleuran et al. (IASS 2015)
- Hybrid Tower, Designing Soft Structures by Ramsgaard Thomsen et al. (DMSC 2015)
- Designing CNC knit for hybrid membrane and bending-active structures by Tamke et al. (Structural Membranes 2015)
- Presentation given by Monika Rychtarikova, Working Group 3 leader, at the World Sustainable Energy Days, held in Wels (Austria) from February 25 to 27, 2015.
- Presentation given by Prof. Marijke Mollaert, chair of this Action, at the COST-conference “The Cities of Tomorrow: the Challenges of Horizon 2020”.
We try to avoid spamming you. Therefore, we combine all the relevant information into Newsletters that are sent approximately twice a year. Please consult here our Newsletters:
Official COST documents
You can download here the following documents
Logo and Templates
Please contact us for the COST Action TU1303 logo and other templates.